Search This Blog

Saturday, October 1, 2011

(2,3&4) 15th Century Italian Renaissance Dress w/ Gold Silk Under Skirt & Linen Under Dress

Here is another that I had put together a few months back, will have to see if I can hunt down a photo of me in it - but rather unlikely. Looks great on (or did before I lost the weight), have already had to alter it once though, and thinking I may rather sell it off than take it in again - such a chore!

Also, I have yet to get a shot of the under dress, under skirt or sleeves. So that will be coming shortly as well. Have I mentioned I really dislike being in photos?! Will have to find someone else to put it on. :)

This side-laced dress is done in a dark purple, cotton velvet with an embossed pattern (close up). All hand-sewn in coordinating thread. The entire dress is lined in muslin (yep - a heavy one!).  

The under skirt was created in a stunning gold silk duponi that I had picked up on sale some time back. I chose to do the knife pleating, as cartridge would have collapsed without support. Basic underskirt - photo to come. Beautiful when it just peeks out for a flash of surprise color. But too- couldn't have a Calontir dress without adding a little gold... LOL

The underdress was created out of a beautiful mid-weight linen, hand finished with linen thread, and topped with a bit of machine-made bobbin lace (really will work on getting a photo in the next couple of days!) Though the lace pattern is not quite period for this piece, it gives it that little boost to make it look that much better. I will be working on getting lace made for it (or another one) soon. Long list of projects at this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment